Portable Classroom Intercom, PA, and Bell System
Providence Middle School is part of Chesterfield County Public School District, located in Richmond, VA. Due to student enrollment overpopulation, the school has been forced to utilize temporary portable modular classrooms during the construction of new and larger school buildings. These temporary classroom requirements include: two-way voice communication with the main school office, ability to receive daily PA announcements, and class-bell alerts scheduled for each individual modular classroom unit. The required solution needed to be easy to install, without the requirement of cabling or trenching between classrooms. The solution also had to be modular/expandable and cost-efficient.
Visiplex provided Providence Middle a solution specifically tailored to its needs consisting of: a master VS4810 paging base station for the main office, VS101-25 paging transmitter to provide full RF coverage throughout school area, and 30 classroom VNS2212 two-way voice intercom stations. To keep the system within budget, the classroom intercom stations are multi-functional. This includes two-way communication between the classrooms and the main office, PA voice messaging for emergency and daily announcements, and playback of class bells.
Upon the completion of school construction , the VNS2212 portable classroom stations can easily be relocated into the newly built classrooms permanently.
The proposed system is fully wireless, eliminating the need for costly wiring between the different classrooms and only requiring an AC outlet for the wireless intercom stations to operate. The total cost of the proposed system is approximately $15,000.
- Each portable classroom can now initiate two-way voice communication with the main office.
- The main office can initiate two-way voice communication with each portable classroom.
- Emergency alerts and daily announcements can now be initiated from the main office to a specific classroom or all classrooms, as well as the school yard area.
- All class bells are now fully synchronized according to a customized programmable schedule.
- The installed system is fully expandable and the intercom stations can easily be added or relocated.
All copyrights belong to their respective owners. Images and text owned by other copyright holders are used here under the guidelines of the Fair Use provisions of United States Copyright Law.