School Wireless Intercom PA System
Stone Elementary School is part of District #4 located in Addison, IL. Tom Shue, from the district office, contacted Visiplex looking for a PA system. His requirements included: Overhead paging, clear two-way voice intercom communication with classrooms, easy to program schedule-based class bells, wireless panic buttons to initiate automated, school-wide lockdown alerts, cost effective, without cabling or trenching between buildings, modular/expandable, easy to install, and minimal maintenance needed.
A School-wide wireless system that in addition to two-way voice communications, provides PA overhead paging, bell alerts, instant emergency notifications and lockdown alerts. Here are the items Visiplex provided specifically tailored to Tom Shue’s school’s needs. It consisted of a master VS4810 paging base station for the main office, VS101-25 paging transmitter to provide full RF coverage throughout school area, 35 classroom VNS2212 two-way voice intercom stations, 6 VNS2214-1 wireless ceiling speakers, 2 VNS2214-7 wireless horn speakers for the school yard and 2 CT-101 wireless, wearable panic button to trigger school-wide emergency alerts. To keep the system within budget, the classrooms’ intercom stations are multi-functional including two-way communication between the classroom and the main office, PA voice messaging for emergency and daily announcements, and playback of class bells.
The proposed system is fully wireless, eliminating the need for costly wiring between the different buildings, needing only an AC outlet for the wireless intercom stations and PA speakers to operate. The total cost of the proposed system was less than $20,000.
- Each classroom can now initiate a two-way voice communication with the main office.
- The main office can initiate a two-way voice communication with each classrooms.
- Portable, wearable panic buttons can initiate a lockdown alert throughout the school, instantly.
- Emergency alerts and daily announcements can now be initiate from the main office to a specific classroom or all classrooms and school yard area.
- All class bells are now fully synchronized according to customized programmable schedule.
- The installed system is fully expandable, and speakers/intercom stations can be added and/or relocated easily.
All copyrights belong to their respective owners. Images and text owned by other copyright holders are used here under the guidelines of the Fair Use provisions of United States Copyright Law.